The 2020 Influenza Immunisation Programme has now started.
The Ministry of Health have advised that the vaccine is currently only available to those who meet the funded/priority criteria group (see criteria groups listed below).
- People 65 years of age or older; or
- People under 65 years of age who:
- have any of the following cardiovascular diseases: – ischaemic heart disease, or – congestive heart failure, or – rheumatic heart disease, or – congenital heart disease, or – cerebrovascular disease; or
- have either of the following chronic respiratory diseases: – asthma, if on a regular preventative therapy, or – other chronic respiratory disease with impaired lung function; if you are a asthmatic you must be on a regular reliever and a preventer inhalers or
- have diabetes; or
- have chronic renal disease; or
- have any cancer, excluding basal and squamous skin cancers if not invasive; or
- have any of the following other conditions: – autoimmune disease, or – immune suppression or immune deficiency, or – HIV, or – transplant recipient, or – neuromuscular or CNS disease/disorder, or – haemoglobinopathy, or – children on long-term aspirin, or – a cochlear implant, or – error of metabolism at risk of major metabolic decompensation, or – pre- or post-splenectomy, or – Down syndrome, or
- pregnant women (any trimester)
The vaccine will be available the general population after 27th April. (n.b the date for general population has now been extended, it was previously for 13th of April)
Please note that we currently have restrictions on our waiting room areas, we ask that when you arrive for your vaccination that you remain in your car, call us on 03 366 2578 we will return your call when a member of our team is ready to take you in.