Enrolling with Doctors on Cashel
As a member of Pegasus Health (Charitable) Ltd, a Primary Health Organisation, we are able to provide patients who enrol with us with funding and subsidised care and access to specialised programs. The aim of this funding is to benefit and meet the heath care needs of our local community.
Benefits of Enrolling
- Enrolling is free and voluntary
- You will be eligible for reduced fees for consultations, including ACC visits
- By having your up to date information, the practice will be better able to focus on helping you stay in good health and continuity of care, which means we are better able to meet your health needs in a timely and safe manner.
- You will be able to access PHO funded initiatives.
- Entry into all the screening programs associated with women’s health.
- Free childhood immunisations
- Free Before School Checks
Enrolment Eligibility Criteria
If you reside permanently in New Zealand* and you are not a New Zealand citizen, you are eligible to enrol if meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold a resident visa or a permanent resident visa (or a residence permit if issued before December 2010) OR
- Are an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident AND able to show I have been in New Zealand or intend to stay in New Zealand for at least 2 consecutive years OR
- Have a work visa/permit and can show that I am able to be in New Zealand for at least 2 years (previous permits included) OR
- Are an interim visa holder who was eligible immediately before my interim visa started
- Are a refugee or protected person OR in the process of applying for, or appealing refugee or protection status, OR a victim or suspected victim of people trafficking OR
- Are under 18 years and in the care and control of a parent/legal guardian/adopting parent who meets one criterion in clauses a – e above OR
- Are 18 or 19 years old and can demonstrate that on the 15 April 2011, I was the dependant of an eligible work visa/permit holder (visa must still be valid) OR
- Are a NZ Aid Programme student studying in NZ and receiving Official Development Assistance funding (or their partner or child under 18 years old) OR
- Are participating in the Ministry of Education Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship scheme OR
- Are a Commonwealth Scholarship holder studying in NZ and receiving funding from a New Zealand university under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Fund.
* Residing permanently in NZ means that you intend to be resident in New Zealand for at least 183 days in the next 12 months. Note: these do not need to be consecutive days.
How to Enrol
To enrol with Doctors on Cashel, please visit us in practice to complete an enrolment form. Alternatively to complete the enrolment process from home open the attached PDF documents. Please note a copy of photo identification is required on your first visit.
- Enrolling With General Practice Info + Health Information Privacy Statement (please read before completing enrolment form)
- Patient Enrolment Form (there may be delays in activating your enrolment if fields marked with an asterix are not completed)
Please send the completed form/forms via fax, post or email, for contact details Click Here.
If you are not a NZ citizen then you must supply your work visa/resident visa with enrolment form.
If you are ineligible, choose not to enrol or do not expect to receive most of your health care services with Doctors on Cashel, we warmly welcome you to attend our practice as a casual patient.
If you are eligible for enrolment, we do encourage you to enrol in order to gain the benefits associated with belonging to a PHO.