COVID-19 Alert Level 1 — Prepare | “The disease is contained in New Zealand.”
Alert Level 1 comes/came into effect ……………………………………….
The health and well-being of our customers, team and our community continues to remain our focus. We will continue to remain vigilant by keeping in place health and safety measures as per below.
If you have developed cold and/or flu like symptoms, symptoms of COVID-19, have recently travelled to/from overseas or Auckland or been in contact with a case of COVID-19, you must call us on 03 366 2578 before you visit the practice.
- If your require a consultation and its unrelated to these symptoms we suggest the use of our telephone consultation services.
Hygiene and infection control practices
Hygiene and infection control practices will remain in place to keep everyone safe.
- Our premises and consulting rooms will be sanitised between clients
And we ask that you support us by:
- Sanitising your hands on entrance and exit of the clinic
- Observing physical distancing of 1 metre between other clients and staff
- Use internet banking for payments of accounts where possible or sanitise prior to using eftpos terminals
Over the past months we trialed many new ways of working and discovered benefits for our patients. One of these were telephone consultations. We will continue to operate these services if this is convenient to you. However, we must see you face to face for the following types of care:
- Patients unknown to the practice;
- Initial injury consultations;
- Conditions that require a physical exam;
- Annual face to face exams are required for all patients.
The usual consultation fees will apply.
Benefits of telephone consultations
- Minimises the number of sick and vulnerable people gathering together in our waiting areas
- Reduced time off work, transportation time and costs
Face to Face Consultations
All face to face consultations will be assessed for cold and/or flu like symptoms by our booking team. The purpose of this is to assess your health and minimise the risk to you and others.
If you do have cold or flu like symptoms we encourage you book a telephone consultation, if this is suitable for your concerns. If you do have a face to face appointment please follow procedures below.
Restrictions in Waiting Room Areas
To reduce numbers of people gathering in our waiting areas and to protect our sick and vulnerable people, we ask that you follow the instructions listed below:
- Remain in your car upon arrival;
- Phone reception to notify us of your arrival 03 366 2578;
- A member of the team will come out and invite you in when they are ready to consult with you;
- If you don’t have a cell phone, please present to reception, then return to your car;
- If waiting in a car isn’t possible, please present to reception. If you have cold or flu like symptoms you must alert reception who will provided you with a face mask and may arrange an alternative waiting space for you;
- If you feel unwell while waiting, or you are concerned about how unwell you feel (ie significant breathlessness, chest pain, feeling faint) please advise the receptionist.
Our priority with these measures is to avoid any spread of any infection, not only COVID-19, while providing safe and appropriate medical care to our patients.
Online Bookings – Open
Our online system is now open. All appointments booking’s will be triaged through automated question and answer system, please answer these truthfully and honestly. If you have any cold or flu like symptoms please remain in your car on arrival and do not enter the practice until a member of our team has assessed you and invited you in.
Vaccinations – After your vaccination
After any vaccination you will be asked to remain onsite for 20 minutes. Very rarely a serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) can happen. This is treatable and occurs soon after the injection. This is why you must wait at the doctor’s clinic for 20 minutes after vaccination.
If you have come with one or more people, we will allow you to wait out the 20 minutes in your car under their supervision. If a serious reaction occurs you are close to the practice for treatment.
Collecting Prescriptions, Medical Certificates and Paying At Reception.
All prescriptions will be forwarded to your preferred pharmacy. Medical certificates and forms can be scanned and emailed to you.
Our preferred payment method is Direct Credit:
- Westpac, 03-1592-0274885-00.
- If this method is not available to you please call our accounts team on 03 366 2578 to discuss your payments options.
The practice continues to hold booking records for those who are scheduled or who have dropped in for an appointment. These records will be utilised to assist with rapid contact tracing if it is required.
If you attend the practice outside of a consultation we will not be collecting your details for contact tracing purposes. We encourage you to keep track of your whereabouts, you can do this by using the NZ COVID Tracer app, scan in using our QR code.
For more information on the app see, https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/stay-healthy/keep-track-of-where-youve-been/
We will all have had different experiences over the last few months. It is very normal for us to feel anxious, unsettled or stressed following times of difficulty. We encourage you all to be kind to others and be kind to yourself. Please see the following links for more information about looking after your mental wellbeing.
Thank you all for your understanding and patience. Please be assured we are here and will continue to be here to provide the healthcare you need.
If you feel like there is a topic we have not covered on this page, please send your feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Website Update Request.
If you wish to keep up to date with the ever emerging situation we recommend the following sites as trusted sources of information;
- Ministry of Health website: www.health.govt.nz/coronavirus
- NZ Government website: https://covid19.govt.nz/
- Information for patients: https://www.healthinfo.org.nz/coronavirus.htm
COVID Vaccine: Next year will be the start of the vaccination roll out. We will update our website with information as it becomes available. If you have questions in the meantime, follow this link https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-response-planning/covid-19-vaccine-planning